Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Please spread the word

Here's Vanya waiting for his forever home. Isn't he precious?

I don't have a lot of time because I'm waiting for my family to get into town, but I just saw this on a friend's blog, and I had to share it!

This little boy, Vanya, needs a forever home!! He is in Eastern Europe, and he is pleading for a home! You see, Vanya is HIV+. He truly believes that he will soon be chosen. The fact is, he must be chosen or a much worse fate than living in an orphanage awaits him. He will be sent to a mental institution--which is where they send all older children who don't get adopted. The saddest part is that he doesn't need to go there for any reason because he has no mental problems!! Imagine the thought! Imagine what he will see and have to endure until he gets old enough to be set "free." How then will he have a normal life to be able to function.

From what I understand, with the right medical care, an HIV+ child can live a full healthy life without the disease ever developing into AIDS. You also do not have to be afraid of transmission to you or your other children through any amount of kissing, hugging, playing, sharing of cups, or any normal childhood stuff!

Oh, every fiber in my being wants to adopt this child! I want to grab him up and kiss him and love him and tell him "Yes, you are chosen!" Right now is not the time for us. I think with my heart. My husband thinks with his head. Together, we make a pretty good team! But right now is not our time.

But maybe it's time for one of you or someone you know. The link that I've linked to is a blog where they are raising money to give to a family to adopt this child!! You would not be alone! Share this on your blog, share on your facebook page, share by word of mouth!! Just share!! Let's get Vanya home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment