Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Another special day

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth." ~3 John 1:4

Sunday was another big day in our kids' spiritual lives. My nine year old made a public profession of her faith and joined the church. I felt a little sorry for my 14 year old who was only able to do it a few months ago--only because the church hadn't offered the class in quite awhile. But thankfully we now have people in place who get things done! :) So Liza-Hill was able to go through the Communicant's Class, talk with the elders and then publicly profess her faith in front of the congregation and family on Sunday. It was a special time for her and for us as we know that this is much more important than so many of the other things that we celebrate in life!! Of course the day she accepted Christ as her Savior when she was five years old was the first most important day!! But this ranks up there. She is now part of a loving church family who will support her, teach her, challenge her, love her and even rebuke her if needed.

Our blessings are overflowing with children who are choosing to walk in the truth! I know that nothing is guaranteed in this life. I know that it isn't easy to choose the right thing. As a matter of fact, the Bible tells us that the gate is narrow (Matt. 7:13) that we are supposed to take. It's about making hard choices sometimes. But I have faith and confidence in my God--that he will lead my children down the right paths. I also believe that teaching my children the truth of the Bible--no matter how hard it may be--is what we must be doing as parents. I am thankful for a church who supports my beliefs and teaches me in the reformed faith. They also believes that, as a church, they are to teach and support the parents to be the main teachers of their children. I love my church! I love the family that we all have become! I love the way that they love me and my children! And I love all of the children (and adults) there and pledge to do all I can to help those parents bring them up in Jesus as well. That's what being a part of a church is about.

And I'm so glad my little girl now has the opportunity to see that in action even more!! She knows that she is part of a greater family than just our church. She knows she is part of the great, worldwide family of God. That, my friends, is the most exciting of all. One day
"every knee will bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." ~Phil. 2: 10-11
and my children will be among them--joined with all the nations and also joined with my husband and myself with our parents, siblings, and the list goes on.... Yes, we are blessed. Thank you, my Jesus, for your blessings! And I certainly have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment