Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Warrior--I'm always protected

My sword-wielding son
Okay, so my (almost) 14 year old is obsessed with weapons. I don't know if this is normal, but it is for him! As I have named him on the right side of my blog, he is my Warrior Child. He loves any kind of knife, gun, grenade, fire arm, or SWORD! Last year when he turned 13, we got him this sword that he wanted. The purpose was to hang on his wall for display. So he just now ordered the display case for it. Along with that, he also ordered this scabbard. (I just found out that the "case" for a sword is called a scabbard. I was calling it a "sheath" and he informed me that was for a knife--not a sword.) So now very often I see him walking around the house with this sword strapped to his back--like he's going to need it at any moment and must be ready! :) Makes me laugh! But I sooooo love his Warrior Heart!

Another picture of him taking care of the baby with his sword--ready for battle! :)
Such a sweet picture of that strong, sensitive type we all love (at least I do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment