Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Bubble Baths and Bonding

Mommy and baby bathing time is a great way to bond--especially with all natural bubbles!! This morning I took a bath with Arrow #6, and we both had a fun time splashing and relaxing. I used Aura Cacia aromatherapy bubble foam with lavender. It was great and made lots of good bubbles!! After he was really relaxed, I turned him over and let him lie on my legs. Then I gently massaged his back. He loved it and laid there for quite awhile. He was so relaxed when we got out (partially from the lavender, I'm sure) he nursed right away and fell fast asleep! Another plus! Then I had time to actually take a shower.

#2 joined in by snapping some cute shots of the baby. She was careful not to get mama in any of them!! #4 snapped a couple as well. Next time, I'll probably let all of the girls join us. The bathtub is big enough, but this time #2 had already gotten dressed for the day, and her hair was done from last night. She's got to go to church tomorrow and then sing in another program tomorrow night so I didn't want it to get wet!! :) And #4 has a friend over so that wouldn't have worked really well!

Here's the cute pictures from our fun bonding experience!




He still found a way to suck his thumb--even through all the bubbles!!
                     

2 comments:

  1. I love the bath pictures of Cedar! I would frame one and hang it over the tub or in the bathroom :)

    Maribeth

    ReplyDelete