Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Our adventures in the Keys Day 4--Friday

Last night's update: The good news is that all other children besides Cedar stayed in their own beds. That always makes the night easier. CJ slept in the same double bed with Breck so I think that's what did it. As long as she is next to someone else's body heat, she's fine! :) Cedar, on the other hand, used me as a constant drinking fountain all night! :) I'm amazed at how God created a woman's body to just never run out of milk! He stayed in bed with us all night, but didn't seem to moan and groan like the night before. He also seems to be clearing up a little in the nasal and congestion area. I think it must be the GOOT! He hasn't cleared up this fast the other two times he's had this. There's still some coughing going on, but all in all he seems better.

When I took Jon to work today it made me laugh. The city of Marathon is very serious about their school zone. The hospital happens to be right in the middle of it so I've been through it everyday. Now, the zone is only about 100 yards long--I'm completely serious. I pictured a football field to measure, and I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt!! But to cover this 100 yard space of school zone, they have three police cars!! I've seen someone pulled over every morning and two other cops just waiting. Cracks me up!

We went over to another resort today, Hawk's Cay, to see the dolphin "show." I didn't want to pay the money to go to the dolphin research center. It would have been $80 for me and the kids, and from what I saw on the internet they couldn't have really done anything unless I paid a whole lot more once we got in! So we had heard that there was a show at Hawk's Cay. It was a very nice resort with a nice beach area, but I certainly wouldn't go back for the show! :) It was fine, and the little ones got to see some dolphins up close, but it left much to be desired for sure!!

We went back to our resort and got our bathing suits on. I had told the kids that I would take them to the Tiki bar at the beach to eat so we did that for lunch. There was so much wind that our plates hardly stayed on the table. Breck tripped and spilled his first drink and had to get another. Then Trand's drink blew over in the wind. Liza-Hill got mad that they didn't have any chicken so she went back to the room. I sat Cedar down in the sand to play because he was having nothing of me just holding him in my lap. He started shoveling sand in his mouth as usual, and Trand chastised me. I told him I couldn't stop him from doing it. So he kept commenting about how I was letting Cedar kill himself. Cedar started to cry a little so I picked him up. Trand looked at him and yelled, "Mom, LOOK!" I looked down, and he had a mouth full of brown seaweed. It really was disgusting!! I started digging it all out of his mouth with my finger. I looked down around us and said, "I don't even see any seaweed." Trand said, "Yeah, that's because Cedar ate it all." :) Oh, he keeps me on my toes! The bill was a shocker!! $65 for lunch, and Liza-Hill didn't even eat. Cama-Jane didn't either because she had eaten pizza in the room, thankfully. Because $65 was all I had taken out there!! Tip was added in, of course, but still.... The drinks were like $3.50 each, I think. They didn't have drink prices on the menu.

Afterward, I took Cedar back to the room and put him down for a nap. Trand stayed with him there while I took the others to the pool. They ended up playing there for a long time. I didn't think Cedar would stay asleep so long so I didn't keep up with the time. But he slept forever. Maybe seaweed is a natural sleep enhancer!! After he woke, we went back in to see that we had 35 minutes to get ready, pick up Jon, and make it over to the turtle hospital by 4 pm for our tour!! The turtle hospital was right beside our resort so it wasn't a long trip.

The kids loved the turtle hospital. Shepley especially! Liza-Hill took about 400 pictures. I have to admit it was pretty cool. I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can get them uploaded onto the computer. The tour was about 90 minutes and very informative. In Classical Conversations on Monday, the kids are supposed to be "the teacher" for their presentations. Shepley is going to teach about sea turtles. She's very excited!! We have to get a few pictures developed for her to take.

Afterward, we went back to the room, picked up Wendy's to eat, and got packed up and ready to head out Saturday morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment