Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Our adventures in the Keys Day 2--Wednesday

So I forgot how difficult nights are on vacations! And this time it's even worse because Jon has to get up and go to work (not like I don't have to get up and take him, but you know...) so I'm the only one available for night time duty. Cedar was up three different times to nurse, but only because he's getting sick again. He had a croupy cough (which seems to be his thing) and a major stuffy nose. Cama-Jane also woke up once during the night. This always makes it hard because there is only one of me. Oh how I wish I could clone myself for nighttimes!! I don't mind getting up with one who needs me, but it's just when two or more need me at the same time that it's really hard.

We finally made it through the night, and when we woke up, Trand had a really sore swollen throat. I texted my wonderful chiropractor, and she called me right away to give me lots of tips for both boys. I headed to the health food store. I already had some GOOT (garlic, olive oil and coconut oil) with me because I had it for Cama-Jane. I have used it before but forgotten about it until a friend brought it to my attention recently. It seems to really have helped CJ so hopefully it will help the baby. Trand is being a big pain about letting me put it on him.

So after taking Jon to work, I went to the health food store and armed myself with some ammunition.

We took it easy today just staying here at the house. We went to the pool twice and down to the beach once. The beach is nothing to write home (or blog) about. :) But that's not too unusual in the Keys. There are only a few spots for a nice beach. The rest is basically sea walls and such. But they do have a little roped off area, and the girls were fine with it. Breck's back is burned so he didn't want to go down. The little girls basically just played in the sand, but they had a good time.

*Finishing this on Thursday morning*
After we brought Jon home, he took us to the Keys Fisheries restaurant. It was really yummy fresh fish, and I was jealous that Jon got macadamia nut encrusted grouper. I couldn't because of the gluten, but I tasted a bite of his, and it was the best I'd ever had!! So yummy!! Mine was good, though. I had a key lime marinated mahi. Trand got lobster tail nuggets--which were of course fried and full of gluten. I think he's realizing very much that he really needs to go gluten free. After being gluten free for a month, he's only had it still very little since he stopped the month. He still tries to stay away from it. But last night he got that, and he paid for it!! He felt so sick, and he didn't even finish it all. He is sleeping on the pull out couch bed, and as Jon and I were down here last night before going to bed, he was groaning and moaning about how full and pukey he felt. This morning he is still feeling full. He says his stomach is growling, but he can't get the full feeling gone. That's definitely a gluten symptom!!

I meant to bring my card reader, but I can only put on pictures right now that I take with my iphone.

No comments:

Post a Comment