Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Making Salt Scrub

Shepley has been wanting to make soap so I told her we could. After researching a bit on the internet, I think I need to research a whole lot more, figure out exactly what I need and be ready with lots of time!! Maybe this summer! In the meantime, I decided making a salt scrub could be good enough! :) They had lots of fun doing it today, and they now have a fun treat to give a friend.


Ingredients:
1 cup fine sea salt
1/2 cup almond or grape seed oil
(we ended up using more because I like mine oilier)
5-15 drops of essential oil of your choice
(we used lavender)
funnel with large hole
(we ended up using a larger one than is in this picture.)
jars of your choice


Mix all ingredients in a bowl.


Use a funnel with a large hole to fill jars of your choice.
We ended up having to make two batches to fill all six jars.


Add some cute ribbon, a little label, and voila!
The label says, 
"Lavender Salt Scrub handmade with love for you from Liza-Hill and Shepley"


No comments:

Post a Comment