Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Shepley's loose tooth!

When you are the 4th child, and you've seen all your big siblings getting $$ for their teeth, a loose tooth is a BIG deal! This poor child has been asking for over a year when she is going to have a loose tooth. She turned six in January so I figured it could be soon. Yesterday she said to me, "Mommy, my tooth hurts." I reached in to feel it, and YES! Sure enough, one of those bottom teeth is loose. She was thrilled--until she started eating stuff! Now she keeps telling me how much it hurts. :) I don't ever remember my oldest complaining about how much it hurt when he ate, but my other ones sure have. Now Shepley says it's not worth it to get money from the Tooth Fairy! :) Oh how fickle we are. But there's nothing to do about it now. Once this one's gone, another is sure to soon follow. It's life.

Breck has been dealing with loosing the top teeth. One finally came out two days ago after hanging there for a week. Now the other is in that same position. It's disgusting! It drives me crazy, but I guess it's short lived. I don't do well with bloody teeth. It makes my skin crawl. I look at his sweet little face, and then he smiles with this hangy tooth. Bleh!! Oh well, I guess it will be gone soon. It's all part of childhood, but I would gladly pay double from the the TF to get this one out of there!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooo not looking forward to this stage!

    ReplyDelete