Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An Amazing Friend

Okay, I just have to put this out there because I know that she never would. :) That's what makes her so amazing. Some of you may have seen my FB status before I left for GA saying that my house was the worst I had ever left it when going away!! This was just a fact stated--not soliciting any cleaning help! :) But my friend, Shelby, (and I'm pretty sure her daughter) took it upon herself to be Jesus' hands and feet and bless me beyond belief. Jon called me today and said that I really needed to do something nice for her. I asked why (thinking that maybe he had done something I needed to make up for!) :) He said that she came over and cleaned our whole house yesterday!! Can we say "Holy Storm!!" (That's Trand's new saying anyway.) To say I was blown away is an understatement. I mean, she has her own five kids, but she chose to serve me.

I am so blessed to have such a great friend. The thing is that I know that I have several friends who would do it for me, and that's so amazing. I hope she knows that I would do anything in the world for her as well.

I just wanted to send a Shout Out to my great friend and fellow servant of Christ. Thanks for blessing me with your service, Shelby!! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, but you do not need to thank me! My Lyndsey and Graham did help, but it was actually Lindsey Klein that I was referring to in the note (I thought Jon might be confused on that!) We really wished we could have done it anonymously, but since we had already committed a crime by "breaking" into your house in the first place, we figured we should confess. We finally met each other and we had a ball cleaning together! Even my kids said it was "fun" to clean other people's houses! Maybe we should just start swapping! We were happy to do it - we really did have fun!

    ReplyDelete