Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Monday, January 17, 2011

A Sittin' and Rockin' Day

That's what today should have been! It should've been a "Sittin' and Rockin' Day" for #6. He's started a croupy cough again at night, and today his nose was kind of runny. He was totally enjoying just rocking this morning in the early hours--for all of five minutes--before I had to put him down so that I could get ready and get to Classical Conversations!! I felt so badly for him. If he had been #1 or even #2, he would have just been rocked and loved on all day. But instead, he was dressed, strapped in a car seat and carted off once again. He did get to spend the day in his Moby Wrap which he loves, but then I made him go to the mall for lunch in a stroller so that I could have lunch with a friend who needed some friend time! (Not that we got much of it with 9 children with us!!)

So poor thing. Now it's rainy and windy and cold outside--even more of a reason for a "Sittin' and Rockin' Day" and I really need to clean up this house!! After being gone for 10 days, we came home to my SIL coming into town with her two kids so we had more cousin time. So nothing's been done here in a while!! I still haven't unpacked from my trip. Those of you who know me well (especially college friends) know that that is NOT unusual for my old self!! :) But in the last few years I usually do better than that! :)

So this is how life gets too busy. This is how there's no time left to do the important stuff like make our babies feel better when they are sick. So now I'm going to pick him up, sit in the rocking chair and rock him until he goes to sleep--then I'll probably keep rocking him even more and get in all the kisses that I can. Because these days will soon be gone, and according to my husband, we will NEVER see them again (with anymore babies!)

*And just a side: Today is also a REALLY good day for coffee and a little something sweet that I am dying to have, and I can't have either. These food allergies are really getting to be a big pain!!

No comments:

Post a Comment