Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Sunday, January 23, 2011

New Tricks

It wasn't a big surprise to me when the baby started crawling right at six months old. My last one crawled at five months--before she could really sit up!! I've had others crawl right at six months as well so the crawling was expected. But this weekend, Cedar started pulling up to a standing position on his own!! I've never had one do that this early. The sad thing is that once he's up, he cannot get down. He doesn't just fall down in a sitting position on his rear end. He completely topples over sideways every time! Sometimes he does it cleanly so no tears. Other times he pulls whatever he pulled up on over with him. It usually lands on top of him, and then there are lots of tears!! This is a very entertaining sight for my other children--my competitive children who can't wait for him to do his next "trick." Thankfully, hubby moved the mattress in his crib down today. Tonight when I put him to bed, he didn't want to go and started screaming within a few minutes. When I went back in, he was standing in bed. So glad his mattress was down, and he didn't topple out. But here we go with this!! Drives me crazy at this stage when they know they can stand up so they do in their bed, and then they scream because they can't get down. So fun!! :)

In other news, I felt the first bit of a bottom tooth poking through his gum tonight as well. My others have never had any trouble with teething so I'm praying this one follows suit! I'm guessing since it already popped through a little, we should be in the clear. Never even knew it was coming except that he has been chewing on everything in sight, but he's been doing that for two months so you never know!!

Here are a couple of pictures of his new trick!



No comments:

Post a Comment