Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Monday, January 24, 2011

Pan Seared Grouper with Mango Salsa

I made a yummy dish tonight. My oldest loves fish and has been very disappointed lately with his lack of choices of food so I decided to get him some fish. I don't cook fish too often. That's not because I don't like it or don't know how. It's because I know that I should buy "wild caught" fish instead of "farmed" fish--which means waaaaay more money that I want to pay for it!! But I figured he was worth it so I got some today. Anyway, thought I would share the recipe because it was very good--and very easy!!

1 mango diced
1 papaya diced
3/4 - 1 C pineapple diced
1/2 red pepper diced (and sauteed)
2 tsp. diced jalepeno
fresh cilantro (I didn't put too much b/c my husband doesn't like it)
juice of two limes

Grouper filets
olive oil

Mix the first ingredients for the salsa and set aside.

Pour olive oil in cast iron pan. Sear filets about 3 -4 minutes on each side. Top with salsa and serve.

So yummy and good for you too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment