Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Our FUN weekend

So, on Friday morning I woke up and decided I wanted to make a deliberate attempt at a fun day. I used to be fun most (if not all) the time! When Trand was younger, we had tons of fun. Now, we didn't get a whole lot of school done. But we sure had fun!! Then I started having baby after baby. As much as I loved and wanted those babies, I have to admit it took some of my "funness" away. It's not as easy to be spontaneous or get a little done at home and then go play. I felt like I had been really boring and down to business lately so I needed to remedy that! Off to some LIVING education!

I let Trand pick where to go since I always drag him around to little kid stuff. He chose to go to the Museum of Appalachia. We decided to go ahead and get a family membership since, for our family, it's usually much cheaper than going twice! I'm glad we did. I look forward to going back. On the 27th of April they are having a sheep shearing. We'll be there!

Then on Saturday, we went to Ijams (pronounced Iams) Nature Center. We hiked some great trails and explored nature. The kids had a great time! Shepley, who is my little flower child, had a great time collecting wild flowers. Breck discovered that he is quite the conservationist with a huge heart for endangered animals. We question if he's really related to my dad!!

So here are some pictures from our weekend.

 Sitting in front of the little schoolhouse

 Listening to a lady singing folk music. Cama-Jane stood up and danced during the 2nd song. :)

 The lady singing

 Trand taking a picture of me with the rest

 My handsome boys--who totally wish they could live in this time period!!

 Yes, this is the only picture of them all looking--even though Cedar is up side down.

 He's such a sweet big brother. Always helping the little ones. 

 Cutie patootie!

Two more cuties!!
I just wish my apothecary looked like this. I have a little ways to go!!


And at the Nature Center......
 Exploring!

 My flower child!

 Poor Cedar. We tried to get him looking!!

 Daddy and kids

 Daddy and boys

 Mama and girls

 Looking for flowers

 Dad and Trand



So that was our weekend!! We had lots of fun and got some good outside time in this beautiful weather!! Very happy to be in TN during the spring. I have to admit the weather is amazing!! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend!! I am so glad you finally discovered Tennessee!! Looking forward to visiting the museum myself.Poor Papa, he always gets a bad rap!! Great pictures of the kids too. Dad loved the idea of C.J. dancing!! My flower child looks like she is in her element!!! Mama So glad you changed your picture for the blog!!

    ReplyDelete