Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The happiest Mama!

So last night was a night of elation in our home. My 5th little one accepted Christ as her Lord and Savior. Shepley was very instrumental in "getting the ball rolling" as she told Cama-Jane, "You really need to ask Jesus into your heart." :) I told Shepley that we couldn't tell Cama-Jane or force her to do that. She had to feel Jesus tugging her own little heart. I had full assurance that it would happen in due time. But as we talked more, Cama-Jane said she wanted to. I loved what came out of her mouth. She bowed her head and prayed the words, "Jesus, please give me a new heart." No other words could have thrilled my heart more! We hadn't even talked about what she should say. Neither had I ever said those words to her (at least not in our conversation last night.) Shepley kind of giggled, but I told her that was exactly what we all need--a brand new heart, and Cama-Jane was led by the Holy Spirit to pray those words. So we ran to tell Daddy where she got a huge snuggle and rejoicing! Then we called Mimi and tried to call Omi, but we couldn't get her. We'll call again today because this is something to celebrate!!

Thank you, Jesus, for calling all of my little ones to your side at such young, tender ages.  I pray that we can continue as parents to lead them in your paths and truths.

*I also learned last night that I have a couple of little evangelists! Shepley and Breck told me that they shared the gospel with the little boy across the street, and he accepted Christ there with them. He's 5. They go to church. They are Catholic. I don't know much more. I do know they have a very nice family. I guess I need now to approach the mom and ask her about it to see if she knows. I'm so happy to know that my little ones are spreading the Good News! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing thrills a grandmother's heart more than to know that their little ones love Jesus. This Mimi's heart was bursting last Saturday night at the Easter celebration as my two youngest granddaughters were standing up in the pew beside me lifting up their hands and praising our Risen Lord!!I thanked God that night that He allowed me to witness their love for Him. Thanks for sharing your good news!! Mama

    ReplyDelete