Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Friday, February 8, 2013

Helpful Kids


Okay. I don't think I'm one of those moms who brags on her kids a lot--probably because they don't give me tons of opportunities!! Ha ha!! Not saying they aren't great kids, but they are KIDS and I tend to be one to not wear rose colored glasses when it comes to them. They are sinners saved by grace in need of their Savior everyday--just like the rest of us.

But today was a tough day. UGH! Cama-Jane started throwing up on Monday. This is the second time in three weeks. Oh yes. That's right. And it hit harder this time. Last time was less than five times of vomiting (yes, I know that may be TMI, but it's my blog) and then it was done. One day and over. Cedar had it first, then Cama-Jane, then Shepley and we were done. Five days. Over.

So when Cama-Jane started again on Monday, I was none too happy about it, but I thought, *We can do this.* But it wasn't quite as easy this time. She vomited several times more and then had a fever the whole next day. Not nearly as easy. But by Thursday morning when no one else had gotten it, I thought we were in the clear. So we set off to the kids co-op, where I volunteered in the nursery. Yes, that's right. Cedar too. I'm sure there are some who are reading this that are cringing!!! But I really thought we were okay!!!

As soon as we walked in the door Thursday afternoon, he puked. Yep, everywhere! I was exhausted already from weeks (and even months) of not sleeping well because of my girls. (It all seemed to catch up to me when CJ got sick because she was up even more.) And I knew that my night was going to be bad. And it was!! Poor Cedar threw up over 20 times through the evening and night and even a couple of times today. He's been so pitiful today. He's had a fever and slept on the couch all afternoon--most of the time on top of me. He hasn't wanted to let go. So my kids stepped up to the plate!!

Liza-Hill was amazing! She cleaned the whole kitchen and even scrubbed the sink. She served the little ones snacks all day and seemed to enjoy her domestic role. ;) Cama-Jane swept the hard wood floors and Breck helped her with the dust pan. Breck also cleaned up the living room, putting away everything that needed to be. Shepley cleaned up the school room after she finished some other things for me. (You may notice that Trand is sadly missing from the equation. He was sleeping.)

Then later in the day I had to go pick up something about 15 minutes away. I had gone into the store and come out when I got a text from Liza-Hill saying that that Cedar had thrown up again while I was gone!! PANIC!!! He doesn't do well when I'm not around. But she cleaned him up, put his blanket in the washer and got him back to sleep on the couch!! What a girl!

Makes a mom's heart happy to know that her kids are able to step in and help when it's needed!! We even managed to miraculously get some schoolwork done as well!! :) Just hoping that it somehow skips the rest of the family.....

No comments:

Post a Comment