Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Cooking from my garden

Breck was so excited to get to pick the first veggies of the garden

Tonight was somewhat of a "dream come true" for me. I know it may sound dumb, but I finally got to walk down to my own garden, pick real living food from it and take it to my kitchen to cook for supper!! I can't tell you how long I've wanted to be able to do that!!
Here's the basil that I cut for the pesto
Jon was very impressed with the pesto. I have to say--it was yummy!!

We had pan seared chicken and brown rice noodle with pesto sauce. We also had that big, yummy squash with onions. It was all so much better knowing it came straight from our garden! Can't wait for more produce! The garden is beautiful and growing so well. There are so many little squash, zucchinis, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and beans. It's very exciting! I have found, though, that I definitely need to plant more basil. I cut my whole plant back today. We need to make a bigger part of the garden for herbs. We only have a few down there right now. We wanted to start small this year to see what we needed and how it would grow. So far, so good. I'm amazed at how little the weeds grow here--compared to Naples!! :) Now I remember why I loved my flower gardens so much when we lived on Lookout Mtn. They weren't full of endless weeding!! I'll leave you with one more picture. Cedar loved the squash as well!!



No comments:

Post a Comment