Striving to live authentically while pursuing holiness

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Holy One

Face to the ground, I'm not proud
Of all you must see when you look at me.
I tremble at first as you wash the dirt 
The dirt from my feet and I see my need for Thee

You lift me up, Holy One, Holy One,
When I but come, You're enough, You're enough
You fill me up with Your love, with Your love
To You I run, Holy One, Holy One

All other noise fades away
Like all of the fear when Your voice I hear
You're beckoning me to come and just be
A child at your feet seeing my need for Thee

You lift me up, Holy one, Holy one
When I but come, You're enough, You're enough
You fill me up with Your love, with Your love
To you I run, Holy One, Holy One

You're enough to satisfy 
When the world has left me only dry
Enough to save my life 
When the world has left me here to die

You lift me up, Holy One, Holy One
When I but come, You're enough, You're enough

You lift me up, Holy One, Holy One
When I but come, You're enough, You're enough
You fill me up with your love, with your love
To You I run, Holy One, Holy One

This is a song by Rush of Fools. Their music really speaks to me. If you have a chance to check them out on itunes or something, I'd recommend it. I know they are from Alabama, but that's about all I know about them except that their lyrics are really reformed--whether they know it or not! :) 

My life is going through some sort of turbulent stuff right now--stuff that I can't really talk about here. But it would be sufficient to say that we could use your prayers. Music speaks to me all the time but especially when life seems to be spinning out of control. Some songs just know exactly what I need to say to God and exactly what I need to hear from him! 

I'll fill you in soon (hopefully) on all the details of my crazy life, but for now just know that I'm struggling and laying it all before the throne on a consistent basis throughout my day!! I'm resting in his hands and trusting in his goodness and love for us and in the fact that he has THE plan! And I want to be right in the middle of it--wherever that is!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I was just thinking of you. I was going to ask how you got used to having a big family. I can only seen to keep up for 2-3 days at a time. I go through anger-love-rage-peace cycles. I know that trusting God is the answer and he proves himself. Just a time for me that I gotta listen harder and lay it down more. I struggle to make the right decisions and just get enough sleep to stay grounded!!! Praying He is with you and restores your soul !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you guys, Jill! So glad that I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete